Which channel has one of the highest returns on investment? If you said email, you’re on the right track and this course will help you continue on that knowledge path. Email marketing allows you to reach valuable customers rapidly, frequently, and economically while delivering among the highest returns of all direct marketing channels. Discover how to develop effective email campaigns that get you noticed in a crowded inbox and truly drive results. You’ll walk away with winning email marketing strategies and tactics you can apply immediately to better engage and retain valuable customers, grow new business, and increase revenue and contribution.
A comprehensive curriculum takes you from regulatory and deliverability essentials through program strategy and design to the detailed how-to’s of building, managing, and improving a multi-pronged email marketing program. To get the free email marketing newsletter from the eec, visit www.emailexperience.org.
- State of the email industry
- Anatomy of an email marketing program
- Master the world of email lists and databases
- Produce engaging creative, every time
- Learn the art and science of testing
- Manage, track, and measure response
- Learn to comply with changing regulations - including the Federal CAN-SPAM Act
- Discover the how-to's of building, managing, and improving a multi-pronged email marketing program
- Walk away with winning email marketing strategies and tactics you can apply immediately
Day 1: 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
The State of Email Marketing
- A look at the history and evolution of email marketing and the major drivers
- How big is the channel? Are you ahead of or behind the times in adoption? Get the latest facts and figures to benchmark your progress
Navigating the murky waters of Permission, Legal Compliance, and Deliverability
- Why permission is the foundation of successful email marketing
- Opt-out, opt-in and the shades of gray in between
- Are you in compliance with the law?
- The role of ISPs in deliverability and email marketing effectiveness
- • The latest spam-fighting and credibility-building tactics and how to master your email marketing reputation
Anatomy of an Email Marketing Program
- Setting goals, defining objectives, and building a program
- Acquisition and Retention marketing approaches – plus a review of essential, actual campaigns
- Beyond the basics: employing marketing automation and behaviorally-driven campaigns
- Optimization: determining timing, frequency and cadence
Interactive Team Strategy Exercise
The World of Email Lists and Databases
- One size does not usually fit all: winning strategies for targeting and segmentation
- A crash course on sourcing, pricing, and using external email lists
- Email address gathering best practices, ethics, and list growth tactics
- Mastering email list maintenance, enhancement, hygiene, and viability
Day 2: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Messaging That Engages – Every Time
- Essential building blocks of every email marketing message
- Best practices for offers and calls-to-action that drive response – and the psychology behind why they work
- B2B vs. B2C approaches: the differences between promotion, e-commerce, and lead nurturing
- Creative and technical innovations in message design: dynamic content, personalization, video in email, and more
- Email on the go: Designing for the mobile subscriber
Interactive Team Creative Competition
The Art and Science of Testing for Performance Optimization
- What’s working? What isn’t? How will testing give you the answers?
- Defining a test roadmap and priority
- Structuring test matrices and series
- A/B Split testing
- Multivariate testing for email
Managing, Tracking and Measuring Response
- Learn the four types of meaningful email marketing measures
- Email campaign process metrics (and calculations) demystified
- Formulas and methods for response analysis - presented in plain English
- Beyond ROI: Measuring RPE, AOV and other KPIs
- Comparative and Engagement analyses
Are you just dying to attend one of DMA’s Education seminars this year, but you’re not sure how to convince your boss to let you attend? Try one of these approaches or download our customizable convince your boss letter.
- I know budgets are tight, but this is an opportunity that pays for itself instantly. A single tip from any of the DMA seminar could pay for the costs of the whole training. I’ll be learning secrets from practicing experts and industry thought leaders.
- I'll become more proficient in industry best practices, as well as on the latest tactics and technologies in today’s ever‐evolving marketing landscape. From direct mail to data governance, social media to email marketing; the DMA has all of our needs covered.
- I can share what I learned after the seminar; maybe host a brown‐bag working lunch and present the team with all the new techniques, strategies, and ideas I’ll come back with. Combining my own notes and ideas with the session handouts provided by the DMA, I'll have plenty of inspiration and information to share when I return. Besides… this’ll allow everyone to get trained all for the price of sending just one person; and the team will definitely appreciate the opportunity to find out about the latest strategies used by many of our competitors today.
Still presenting itself as a hard sell? Inform your boss that your course can go on their accomplishments at the end of the year for their review: "Trained staff to improve results!" This is a win/win.