This course will teach you to effectively segment and customize your email marketing messages and landing page content for better bottom-line results. Determine the best frequency for your email campaigns to optimize both your response and your budget. Effectively segment an email database and customize marketing messages. You'll come away with a deep understanding of how to integrate email with both online and offline marketing channels for a successfully integrated campaign.
- Using segmentation and targeting to improve results
- Content personalization and customization
- Identifying optimal email frequency
- Beyond broadcast: how to create trigger-based email programs
- Advanced analytics
- The last word on email marketing integration
Approximately 90 minutes - self paced
Improving List Performance
- Using Segmentation and Targeting to Improve Results
- Keys to Successful Targeting
- Five Types of Effective List Segmentation
- Demographic and Firmographic
- Self-reported Preferences
- Transactional or Behavioral
- Life Cycle
- List Management, Maintenance, and Email Address Validity
- Top 10 Email Address Validity Best Practices
- Effects of Frequency
- Frequency Testing and Analysis
- Selecting the Testing Approach
- Trigger-Based Email Explained
- Trigger Email as Part of Your Marketing Mix
- Higher Engagement Response and Revenue
- Shows Customer You Are Paying Attention
- Offers the Opportunity to Vary the Message
- Better Customer Service
- Streamlined Operational and Company Performance
- Five Types of Triggers
- Sales Cycle
- Triggered Email Dialogues (Tracks)
- Where Dialogues Marketing Comes In
- Within the Track
Integrating With Social Media
- Share with Social Networks
- Reasons to Promote Social Connections
- Enable Social Connections From Email
- Proactive Invites to Engage With Social
- Use Email and Social To Build Content
Analysis and Metrics
- Three Views of Process Metrics
- By Campaign or Program
- ROI Analysis
- Comparative Campaign Analysis
Are you just dying to attend one of DMA’s Education seminars this year, but you’re not sure how to convince your boss to let you attend? Try one of these approaches or download our customizable convince your boss letter.
- I know budgets are tight, but this is an opportunity that pays for itself instantly. A single tip from any of the DMA seminar could pay for the costs of the whole training. I’ll be learning secrets from practicing experts and industry thought leaders.
- I'll become more proficient in industry best practices, as well as on the latest tactics and technologies in today’s ever‐evolving marketing landscape. From direct mail to data governance, social media to email marketing; the DMA has all of our needs covered.
- I can share what I learned after the seminar; maybe host a brown‐bag working lunch and present the team with all the new techniques, strategies, and ideas I’ll come back with. Combining my own notes and ideas with the session handouts provided by the DMA, I'll have plenty of inspiration and information to share when I return. Besides… this’ll allow everyone to get trained all for the price of sending just one person; and the team will definitely appreciate the opportunity to find out about the latest strategies used by many of our competitors today.
Still presenting itself as a hard sell? Inform your boss that your course can go on their accomplishments at the end of the year for their review: "Trained staff to improve results!" This is a win/win.