With consumers getting more instant information right in the palm of their hand, mobile marketing is no longer a nice-to-have. But though everything has changed, nothing has really changed: it's still about selling products and building loyalty. Join Jeff Hasen and learn the best practices for interacting with the mobile consumer, asking the right questions, and launching mobile campaigns built on “Moments of Trust” that impact sales and brand loyalty. You'll be better equipped to reap the benefits of ever-growing mobile channels.
Recommended prerequisites: Internet Marketing Fundamentals
This course qualifies graduates for OMCP® Certification.
- Introduction to Mobile Marketing
- Understanding Mobile Devices
- Core Product and Service Offerings
- Supplemental Mobile Products and Service Options
- Mobile Advertising and Search
- Combining Mobile with Other Channels
- Mobile Marketing and Social Media
- Location and Mobile
- Mobile Rules and Regulations
- Mobile Marketing Analytics
- Supplemental Material: Careers in Mobile Marketing
Approximately 35 hrs over a 3 month period
**You have 90 days from time of registration to access your course
Introduction to Mobile Marketing
Get an overview of Mobile Marketing. You'll gain a better understanding of how it all works: how mobile differs from other channels, what its benefits are, and what consumers expect from it... and you. Plus, discover how mobile can actually support and strengthen your other initiatives.
Understanding Mobile Devices
In the beginning, Mobile Marketing seemed easy. With just a few devices on the market, with a limited set of basic functions, your options were pretty simple. Today, not so much. Mobile devices are everywhere, and the variety of models and features is dizzying. From smart phones to tablets to phablets, this module explores the multitude of device options available for targeting, and reviews the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Core Product and Service Offerings
Sure, text messaging (SMS) is still the most popular mobile marketing option. But there are lots of other options available to marketers. Get the lowdown on SMS, plus discover the power of two other services -- mobile applications and mobile websites.
Supplemental Mobile Products and Service Options
Learn how you can leverage some of the lesser known yet highly effective channels for marketing on mobile. With QR codes, augmented reality, and interactive voice relay (IVR), you've got an expanding set of tools to deliver your message to an increasingly mobile audience.
Mobile Advertising and Search
There's more to mobile than text messaging (SMS). Mobile advertising and search engine result marketing are gaining serious traction: The ability to use established web results alongside mobile advertising options creates an optimal opportunity for mobile marketers. Learn how combining mobile advertising and search gives marketers a new way to target internet users on the go.
Combining Mobile with Other Channels
Yes, mobile marketing is powerful, exciting, and new. But like any other marketing opportunity, the real successes are found when combining other proven channels. See what it takes to meld your Mobile message with other marketing opportunities to create truly integrated and powerful marketing campaigns.
Mobile Marketing and Social Media
If there's one marketing channel that pairs best with mobile, it must be social media. Social, like mobile, breaks free of the traditional online constraints and stretches as far as the imagination can carry. Explore the many ways mobile campaigns can merge with social media to create a powerful and unique marketing experience.
Location and Mobile
If you've ever used your device to find a store, discover a new activity, or get a recommendation for a product or service, it was no accident. Those businesses and sites were meticulously configured for location-based services. Now it's time to learn how location services work, and how to ensure consumers can locate your product or service on their devices.
Mobile Rules and Regulations
They're not sexy, but they are important. Mobile rules and regulations, while not as formally established as the rest of the internet, do exist, and they must be followed. Learn the existing rules of mobile, as well as which issues are still wide open for interpretation.
Mobile Marketing Analytics
As with every other marketing campaign, analysis is crucial for success. Without measurement and analytics, we could be wasting significant time on trial and error. In this section we look what Mobile campaign details are tracked automatically, and which ones require special codes for tracking. No matter what, however, it is vital to ensure that all marketing campaigns can be accounted for one way or another.
Supplemental Material: Careers in Mobile Marketing
With Mobile still in its infancy, the value of getting in early and establishing a strong foundation in Mobile is immeasurable. Follow along as Jeff outlines where Mobile is growing in terms of career opportunities and how to break into the industry.
Are you just dying to attend one of DMA’s Education seminars this year, but you’re not sure how to convince your boss to let you attend? Try one of these approaches below.
- I know budgets are tight, but this is an opportunity that pays for itself instantly. A single tip from any of the DMA seminar could pay for the costs of the whole training. I’ll be learning secrets from practicing experts and industry thought leaders.
- I'll become more proficient in industry best practices, as well as on the latest tactics and technologies in today’s ever‐evolving marketing landscape. From direct mail to data governance, social media to email marketing; the DMA has all of our needs covered.
- I can share what I learned after the seminar; maybe host a brown‐bag working lunch and present the team with all the new techniques, strategies, and ideas I’ll come back with. Combining my own notes and ideas with the session handouts provided by the DMA, I'll have plenty of inspiration and information to share when I return. Besides… this’ll allow everyone to get trained all for the price of sending just one person; and the team will definitely appreciate the opportunity to find out about the latest strategies used by many of our competitors today.
Still presenting itself as a hard sell? Inform your boss that your course can go on their accomplishments at the end of the year for their review: "Trained staff to improve results!" This is a win/win.