Words are critical to the success of your campaigns. Whether you’re writing an email, direct mail letter, blog post, or a Tweet, you need to create efficient marketing copy that gets read and acted on. In this module, you’ll learn how to write copy that jumps off the page. You’ll explore successful campaigns to gain a better understanding of how to write and evaluate great copy. You’ll discover how to write smarter, write better, and pull it all together.
- A quick look at missteps to avoid
- Four questions to ask and answer before you start
- Developing successful message strategies
- Creating direct marketing copy
- Marketing to special-interest groups
- Maintaining effectiveness, whether mail, print, or online
Approximately 90 minutes - self paced
Section 1: Write Smart/Before You Write
- What am I marketing?
- Who am I marketing to?
- Why am I marketing this now?
- What do I want my customers to do?
- Why does my customer care?
- What are your features and benefits?
- Bringing those questions together to create a Unique Value Proposition?
Section 2: Get Your Ideas Down/Ready. Set. WRITE!
- Beginning to Write
- Getting "Out of the Box"
- Leveraging Your Writing Across Channels
Section 3: Rewriting Your Messages
- Writing Long Messages
- Direct Mail
- Postcard Mailers
- Writing Short Messages
Section 4: Keep Rewriting!
- The Call to Action
- 35 Character Magic - Subject, Head, Tagline & Teaser
- Writing & Editing Tips
- Ordinary Words
- Speaking More Directly
- Personal Pronouns